Spring Classes Start 3/30/2019 APPLY NOW!
No Fees & Payment Options Available! Call for more information.
Weekend Dental Assistant School
is a proud supporter of the
What Does a Dental Assistant Do?
Working in the dental industry is a great career choice for those looking to make a positive difference in people’s lives. Many students inquire about the role a dental assistant has. While every office is different depending on what type of practice it is, knowing the key traits of a dental assistant will help you excel in your career and keep you motivated to be the best dental assistant you can be.
A Career in Dental Assisting
Dental assistants are typically full-time employees who are essential assets to the overall function of a dentist office. There are however part-time positions available for dental assistants. All of the job duties listed below are the basic practices a dental assistant can be expected to perform on a daily basis.
Common job duties of a dental assistant include:
- Assisting the dentist with proper instrument passing
- Organize and set up instruments
- Obtain current dental records and update as needed
- Suction and tissue retraction
- Treatment room disinfection
- Taking impressions
- Infection control – proper instrument processing and sterilization
- Taking and developing dental radiographs (x-rays)
- Instructing patients on good oral hygiene habits
- Performing common office management tasks (scheduling appointments, answering the telephone, billing, ordering supplies, etc.)
- Helping patients feel comfortable before, during and after dental procedures
In addition to these job duties, organization, professionalism and enthusiasm are all important traits for dental assistants to have. When your work with patients on a daily basis, ensuring their experience at the dentist is a positive one is top priority. Being a dental assistant requires great communication skills and a positive attitude.
Wisconsin Dental Assistant School Can Train You for Your New Career!
Dental assistants are essential to keeping offices running smoothly, and Wisconsin Dental Assistant School is here to help you utilize all your best traits to begin an exciting new career in dental assisting. In only 10 short weeks, WDAS will teach you all the skills you need to help you make all your dental assisting dreams come true. Apply now online!