Spring Classes Start 4/3/2021
Payment Options Available!
Finish your training in just 10 weeks at WDAS!
Weekend Dental Assistant School
is a proud supporter of the
4, 6, 10 or 12 Week Dental Assistant Training, Which One is Best?
Wisconsin's Leading 10 Week Dental Assistant Training
While dental assistant training programs all have different curriculums, the length of training can play a huge part in the level of knowledge students receive and attain. Vocational training for dental assisting are considered accelerated and typically fast-tracked condensing the length of the training. Schools throughout Wisconsin offer various lengths of dental assistant training programs and we are here to help you choose the right training program to prepare you for a career in dental assisting.
Weekend Dental Assistant School offers 10 weeks of training which has had a long track record of being highly effective. Becoming a dental assistant involves knowing dentistry very well. Understanding the language of a dentist and dental hygienist is crucial to succeed as a dental assistant. 4-week programs are simply too short and do not allow students to gain the knowledge in everything they need to know. Not only is it important for students to learn from textbooks and lectures it is critical for students to have the necessary hands-on experience.
Dental Assistant Responsibilities
- Sterilizing and disinfecting procedures
- Treatment room preparation
- Assisting the dentist with 4-handed chairside dentistry
- Equipment maintenance
- Handling the needle and syringe
- Suction and tissue retraction
- Taking impressions and doing the pour up of impressions
- Taking and processing bitewings
- Full mouth series x-rays
- Panoramic x-ray
- Assisting the dentist with the maintenance of patient records
- Giving post-operative patient instructions after dental procedures
Weekend Dental Assistant 10 Week Training Curriculum
Chair Side Dental Assistant Training:
Clinical Dental Assistant Training: