Spring Classes Start 4/3/2021
Payment Options Available!
Finish your training in just 10 weeks at WDAS!
Weekend Dental Assistant School
is a proud supporter of the
Dentistry in Fox Valley
Dental Assisting in Fox Valley: Appleton, Kaukauna, Menasha and Neenah
Based in Appleton, WI Weekend Dental Assistant is very familiar with dentistry in the Fox Valley area. Being near these popular cities comes many dentist offices offering continuous dental assistant positions available. With developing populations and plentiful growth opportunities within the dentistry field, dental assistants are always in demand. Many of our dental assistants are fortunate to even find jobs before they graduate from our 10 week program.
Job Recruiting and Networking from Weekend Dental Assistant School
Weekend Dental Assistant School has the advantage of working with dental assistant job recruiters and directly with dental offices throughout Wisconsin like Dental Wellness Center in Green Bay and proudly provide them with graduate information on a continuous basis. This level of connections and networking has helped students learn about job openings in the area, and even land their first interviews.
From Dental Wellness Center in Green Bay, WI:
“I am always confident that any graduate will have a good knowledge, hands on experience and understanding of the fascinating area of dentistry. Continued success and well done on your excellent facility! You have really filled a need that exists in the Fox Valley. We sincerely appreciate your efforts.”
Dental Assistants Responsibilities
Being a dental assistant requires more than just completing daily responsibilities. Dental assistants work with patients all day every day and must exude a high level of professionalism and enthusiasm ensuring their experience at the dentist is always a positive one. Being a dental assistant requires great communication skills so dentists and hygeniests have a clear understanding of vital patient information.
Daily Roles of a Dental Assistant:
- Clean, organize and prepare instruments for use
- Instrument passing during cleanings and procedures with dentist
- Obtain current dental records and update as needed
- Suction and tissue retraction
- Treatment room preparation and disinfection
- Preparing for and taking impressions
- Infection control – proper instrument processing and sterilization
- Taking and developing dental x-rays
- Instructing patients on good oral hygiene habits
- Schedule appointments, answer the telephone, billing, ordering supplies, etc.
- Helping patients feel comfortable before, during and after dental procedures
Dental Offices in the Fox Valley Area Include:
- Dental Associates
- North Appleton Dentistry
- Forward Dental - Appleton
- Aspen Dental
- Damrow Dental
- Fox Valley Dental
Dental Assistant Schools in the Fox Valley Area:
- Northeast Wisconsin Technical College
- Weekend Dental Assistant School
- Madison Area Technical School
If becoming a dental assistant interests you and you meet the dental assistant course requirements, click below and apply today for free!