Fall Classes Start 9/7/2019
No Fees & Payment Options Available! Call for more information.
Weekend Dental Assistant School
is a proud supporter of the
Dental Assistant School Online Vs. Classroom Setting
At first, online schooling might seem like an easy and undervalued way of obtaining your education. While for many industries this may be true it is not the case for dental assistant training. The best education you can achieve for dental assisting is within a classroom setting where hands-on learning and highly trained instructors are readily accessible.
Below you will find a comparison of classroom education vs online and all the perks of attending Weekend Dental Assistant School. The hands-on experience you gain at any dental assistant school is a crucial stepping stone in your career. Given the ability to learn a trait by actually doing the skill is far more effective than reading about it online. Students tend to retain more information from chair side and clinical dental assistant training. Students from Weekend Dental Assistant School have shared their school experiences and are available online here.
Pros of Online Education
- Online training allows for learning in the convenience of any location.
- Flexible schedule – Online training allows you to plan class and study time to fit your unique schedule.
Cons of Online Education
- Information is harder to retain.
- Changing technology can create barriers for different learning environments.
- Virtual teachers - Online students aren’t granted the opportunity to ask questions or get the prompt help they may need.
- One person classrooms – Single digit classrooms leave students unable to build relationships/networks and most importantly gain the benefits of having classmates to exchange ideas with. You may find the connections you make in your class to be resources throughout your career.
- Discipline - The flexibility of online education can be a challenge for people who struggle with self-discipline. If you are the type of person who thrives on deadlines and works well in an organized setting, online is not for you.
Pros of Classroom Education
- Interactive classroom - Larger classrooms promote the open exchange of questions/answers, critical thinking, problem solving and network building.
- Hands-on experience – The ability to learn a skill by performing it is something you can’t put a price on and far more effective than textbook training.
- Multi-sensory appeal – Classroom learning provides the opportunity to attain information in many different ways: audio, visual & group interaction.
- Personal approach – Students have the opportunity to work one-on-one with instructors and classmates.
Cons of Classroom Education
- Can neglect learning deficiencies – Students might find it more difficult to speak up in a large classroom setting which could prevent learning deficiencies from getting noticed.
The WDAS classroom training is just 10 weeks long and conveniently held on Saturdays. Students participate in hands-on dental assistant training through chair side learning and clinical where half of the overall final grade is based on clinical evaluations. With only around 6 students per clinical instructor, WDAS offers a more personal approach to dental assisting training.
Chair Side Dental Assistant Training Includes:
Clinical Dental Assistant Training Includes: