Winter Classes Start 1/8/2022
Payment Options Available!
Finish your training in just 10 weeks at WDAS!
Weekend Dental Assistant School
is a proud supporter of the
Upper Michigan Residents Choose Weekend Dental Assistant School
Become a Michigan Dental Assistant in Just 10 Weeks
Weekend Dental Assistant School is located in Appleton, WI and just a short drive from Michigan. Each year we accept and enroll countless applicants from various Michigan cities like Marquette, Escanaba, Ishpeming. With the growing acknowledgement of our 10 week dental assistant course, Michigan residents are now learning the benefits of becoming a student at Weekend Dental Assistant School. With our flexible weekly class, students have been more than willing to drive down every Saturday. In the past students have even car pooled to save on mileage and gas.
Michigan Dental Assistant Requirements
The Michigan Board of Dentistry recognizes two types of dental assistants: Basic and Registered Dental Assistants. By law, basic dental assistants in Michigan are not required to meet specialized training requirements; however, most employers show preference to job candidates with the Registered Dental Assistant credential.
Compare Dental Assistant Programs in Michigan
- Bay de Noc Community College - 6 month program
- Northwestern Michigan College - 6 month program
Michigan Area Dental Assistant Specialties
Do you love working with kids? Do orthodontic or endodontic areas of dentistry interest you most? If so, there are a variety of specialty offices with the demand for dental assistants which require no additional training on your part. Most specialty offices only require the standard training of dental assisting and provide on-the-job training for specialty tasks once hired.
- Weekend Dental Assistant School Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED*
- Completed Application
- *Seniors in high school may take our course on the condition they have an overall GPA of 3.0 (B) or above
- Paid tuition reserves your spot in the class—Tuition is payable to Weekend Dental Assistant School. Payment plan options available!
- No Prerequisites
- Admissions are conducted throughout the year; Accepted candidates will receive a letter of acceptance to the program
- Deadline to apply is the day the ten week cycle begins, based on availability
- New classes start three times per year: Winter, Spring and Fall. Check out our course calendar for our session dates.
Becoming a Dental Assistant in Michigan in Just 10 Weeks
If you love working with people and want a rewarding career which pays well and offers excellent benefits, dental assisting could be right for you. And, our 10 week training program makes it easy to do so! In only 10 weeks (80 hours) you’ll be trained, knowledgeable and completely comfortable with the most up-to-date dental equipment, instruments and techniques. You will know exactly what will be expected of you on your first day as a dental assistant. We also provide mock interviews to help students become confident and ready for the interviewing process.
Weekend Dental Assistant School is proud to share we have a 100% student satisfaction rate - check out our school reviews now! Our goal is to have career-ready graduates transition into the profession they’ve worked so hard for.