Fall Classes Start 9/12/2020
Payment Options Available!
Finish your training in just 10 weeks at WDAS and become a dental assisant before the new year!
Weekend Dental Assistant School
is a proud supporter of the
Michigan Area Dental Assistant Program
Dental Assistant Training
Dental assisting is an excellent option for those looking for a career which is flexible, rewarding, pays well, offers great health benefits, advancement opportunities and maintains a positive work environment. While a certificate is not required for dental assistants in Michigan, training is essential and offered in a number of settings and can be completed in as little as 10 weeks when you train at Weekend Dental Assistant School. Located in Appleton, WI our school is only a short drive from Michigan. Our training comprises of both hands-on and lecture training in a real dentist office environment giving students the unique opportunity to train with real people and real dental equipment.
Dental Assisting Job Requirements
Dental Assistants perform basic supportive dental procedures under the direct or general supervision of a licensed dentist. Below are the typical requirements of a dental assistant and may vary by office.
- Sterilizing and disinfecting procedures
- Treatment room preparation
- Assisting the dentist with 4-handed chairside dentistry
- Equipment maintenance
- Handling the needle and syringe
- Suction and tissue retraction
- Taking impressions and doing the pour up of impressions
- Taking and processing bitewings
- Full mouth series x-rays
- Panoramic x-ray
- Assisting the dentist with the maintenance of patient records
- Giving post-operative patient instructions after dental procedures
Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) Requirements:
While each state is different, below are the recommended requirements of the RDA for Michigan.
- Receive a degree or certificate from a CODA-accredited dental assisting program or a school of dental assisting meeting Michigan Board of Dentistry requirements, which includes required instruction in Michigan expanded functions.
- Pass the Michigan board comprehensive and clinical exam or pass an equivalent exam in another state (proof of out-of-state licensure required).
- Complete the fingerprinting/criminal background check process.
- Apply for a license to the Michigan Board of Dentistry.
Weekend Dental Assistant School
Our dental assistant schooling in Wisconsin provides you the training and knowledge needed to show potential employers you are a knowledgeable in every aspect of dental assisting and that you are a dedicated employee. Dental assistant training showcases your knowledge and experience as a dental assistant. Weekend Dental Assistant School offers a unique environment with other driven dental assistant students and experienced dental assistant instructors in a real dentist office environment. Our curriculum provides you with of one-on-one interaction and hands-on training to ensure you walk away from the experience with a course completion certificate and real, valuable knowledge. Apply online today to start your path to becoming a dental assistant!