Winter Classes Start 1/8/2022
Payment Options Available!
Finish your training in just 10 weeks at WDAS!
Weekend Dental Assistant School
is a proud supporter of the
If you are Looking for a Career Change Idea Look No Further
If Your Current Job Wearing You Down Consider Dental Assisting
If you are feeling stuck and want to explore your passion through another career you are not alone and your options are endless. Dental assisting is an excellent career for anyone just graduated from high school or even those needing a change in their life. Long hours, stress, physical demands are all common complaints someone looking for a new career experience.
What Do Dental Assistants Do?
A dental assistant works in a dentist office alongside a dentist. With the need to perform a variety of tasks, dental assistants are the glue to every office. Dental assistant duties typically include the following tasks, though tasks vary depending upon office preferences:
- Prepare patients for treatment
- Assist the dentist in patient treatment to keep patients as comfortable as possible throughout their dental visit
- Take dental radiographs (x-rays)
- Take Impressions and do lab work
- Obtain current dental records and update records
- Set up and organize instruments
- Pass instruments to dentist in proper orientation
- Keep dentists operating field clear
- Patient education and instructions as directed by the dentist
- Disinfection and sterilization procedures
- Equipment care and maintenance
Benefits of Being a Dental Assistant
- Flexible, consistent schedules with holidays and weekends off
- Dental Assisting training is short (only 10 weeks at Weekend Dental Assistant School)
- Great benefits
- Excellent career growth opportunities
While it’s hard enough making the decision to change your career, it’s even harder deciding what you should do for the rest of your working life at 30, 40 and even 50. Weekend Dental Assistant School has accepted many applications from students ready for a new field. While mostly nurses, our students’ backgrounds range from vet technicians to daycare teachers. Having the desire to change careers is common and completely normal. Weekend Dental Assistant School is here to help make your transition enjoyable, rewarding and worthy.
Dental Assisting is a Great Career at Any Age:
Career Change at 30
Career Change at 40
Career Change at 50